Mini Paleo Salmon Cakes
- 2 1/4 cups | 12 oz. cooked salmon flaked
- 1/4 cup mashed or pureed sweet potato or white potatoes see notes
- 4 green onions green parts only for low FODMAP, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons capers liquid drained
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges for serving
Lemon Herb Aioli:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijion mustard
- 1/2 cup garlic infused olive oil for low FODMAP or regular olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic omit for low FODMAP
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill chopped
Preheat the oven to 350°/180°C
In a large mixing bowl, add all of the salmon cake ingredients. Mix everything together with a fork util combined. Form mini patties, about 3 inches in diameter and place on the baking tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm and browned on the sides. Make sure to flip the patties over in the oven halfway through cook time.
Lemon Herb Aioli:
While the salmon cakes are baking make the aioli. The easiest way to make this is with an immersion blender but you can also make this in a food processor, blender, or using an electric mixer.
Place the egg yolk, 1/2 of the lemon juice, and mustard in a small bowl or blender/processor. Start whisking/blending everything together until the mixture thickens. Then gradually pour in the olive oil. It’s important to add the oil slowly because adding too much too soon will result in a runny or cuddled aioli. As the mixture thickens, add more oil until you have a thick, creamy mayo.
Add the remaining lemon juice along with the garlic, parsley, and dill and mix in by hand. Taste and season with salt if needed. Transfer the aioli to a small bowl and serve with the salmon cakes. Store left overs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Check out the full recipe post here: https://www.asaucykitchen.com/mini-paleo-salmon-cakes-lemon-herb-aioli/