No Bake Energy Bites
Depending on the product, granola bars or energy bites can be of little nutritional value and packed with sugar. By baking your own granola and energy products, you can control the amount of sugar and the various nutrients that you would like to add. Get creative and play around with the various recipes of energy bites. This one adds chia and flax seeds for a punch of omega-3’s!
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.*
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.
Check out the full recipe here: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/